BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 30, 2010

Pansexuality


About a year or so ago, I started freaking out about my sexuality. I was in a long term relationship with a man and suddenly realized I was incredibly attracted to women. This relationship ended for many reasons, and not just my confusion. Currently I'm dating a woman. At first I thought I was just a lesbian and came to terms with it, but over time I've realized that I haven't lost my attraction to men, or people in between. I don't really like labels all that much, but I needed one to help me make sense of myself. After a brief identity crisis, I found a term that gave me peace: Pansexual. (cue dramatic music!)

Pansexuality basically means that you're attracted to whomever you are attracted to. Man, woman, trans, etc... I like to think that I just love a person depending on who they are, and not for their genitalia.

Trust me when I say it's different than bisexuality. Bisexuality is an attraction solely to males and females. Pansexuality looks at gender as something that flows between two opposite ends of a continuum.

Pansexuality should NOT be confused with polygamy. Just because you find yourself attracted to a wide variety of human beings doesn't mean you are dating all of those people at once. For me, monogamy is incredibly important and necessary.

What do you classify your sexuality as?


"All sexualities are more fluid than their definitions suggest, because there is a consuming, powerful, complex chemical event that the brain can experience: love. Love laughs in the face of rules and definitions."

-Unknown

0 comments: